It may seem strange at first, but celebrating divorce can be very empowering. Here are some reasons why it’s okay to celebrate this chapter in your life coming to a close:
- You have the freedom to make decisions without consulting anyone else (unless you have kids together. Then, follow your court order concerning the kids). No more endless debates over where to eat or when to go on vacation – the power is all yours now!
- You don't have an obligation related to being with your spouse, taking their needs and wants into consideration. That means no more dealing with their family drama or attending events that you'd rather skip out on.
- You can start fresh in every aspect of your life. You can explore new things without feeling guilty or obligated.
- You can focus on yourself without worrying about someone else's feelings or needs. This is especially beneficial if there were any difficult dynamics in your marriage that made it hard for both of you to be truly happy together.
- You don't have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings when making decisions for yourself anymore. You're free from any guilt associated with disappointing another person – and this newfound freedom can be incredibly liberating.
- You can start living life on your own terms again, which will ultimately lead to greater happiness in the long run. Celebrating divorce is a great way to remind yourself that you are capable of creating positive change in your life despite difficult circumstances.
- And the biggest one: its over (finally).
All in all, celebrating divorce doesn’t mean that you’re happy about having gone through such an emotional experience or trying time—it simply means that you appreciate the newfound independence and freedom that comes with being divorced. Its also perfectly normal to be happy and sad at the same time, or to be happy one moment and sad the next. Divorce might not be easy – but it doesn’t have to be miserable either! This is an opportunity to be the authentic you, to become the person you really are, and to find your happiness.
If you are ready to move on (and maybe celebrate) reach out to my office through my website or by calling me. You'll find my prices are fair, that I have a lot of empathy for your situation and more importantly, a lot of experience drafting good paperwork, quickly.